Tuesday, March 31, 2015

Just

I am happy in knowing that K is happily playing football in the locality. There's a spring in his step as he runs out in this jersey, shorts and sneakers. Cuts quite an athletic figure with his chicken legs and compact body structure. He's made football friends with a bunch of college kids, many years his junior. I wonder if they ask him about his age, profession and what's he doing hanging with them. But it doesn't matter once fragile bonds are formed over sport. The field is their playground where they're having a ball, literally. Good fun boys.
*********************************
I'm listening on loop to the best of the 2000s music compilation on Grooveshark. It has thrown up an assortment of delights. There's Basement Jaxx (where are they?), Hot Chip (consistently good), Arcade Fire (Funeral is, may be, the only indie rock album I know song by song) and Daft Punk (need I say more). 2000s was a time when my music tastes were constantly changing. I had no abiding loves (something i don't even now) and my exposure to indie/alternative music acts was quite limited. This was the era prior to Pitchfork, Poking Smot-- a time when I listened to whole albums with a patient ear (something I rarely do now). These days I find it hard to keep track of new music and upcoming genres. A lot of confusion in my head. Who are Animal Collective, The XX, Flaming Lips, James Blake, Sufjan Stevens? The list goes on...But among the so called newly-hatched talents, I adore Lorde, Lykki Li, Nicolas Jaar, Grimes. I don't know whether a few years down the line, I would remember them with the same enthusiasm as I do now. The point being I would have moved on with my music. It would like this 2000s music compilation playlist become a nostalgia of moments lost in the company of friends, family, and of course, myself.
**************************************

No comments: