Wednesday, January 26, 2011

stranger in delhi

Went to jnu yesterday. spent the whole day chilling in the sun, getting stoned but in vain. felt at home in a place that i never once called my own.strange feeling i tell you. when i was studying there i felt like a complete loner in a faceless crowd. i was young and yuppy.jnu challenged all my notions of privileged upbringing, being middle class et all. it left me confused and frustrated. like i was caught in some kind of cage. i was drifting with only my books and cellphone to keep me grounded. now when i look back i realise that much of what happened to me in those two years was necessary.disenchantment, no sense of truly belonging is what i grapple with even now.only that i handle it with peace. calmness is the new fight. we are all strangers occupying a no-man's land.it is foolish to believe that what u have now is your own. it never was, never will be. jnu (the idea) is permanent but we who are trying to relive it are not. truth be told to all and sundry. jai hind!

No comments: