Thursday, November 18, 2010

Severance

Closure, finality-I like those words, although I don't know what they mean. That's exactly what happened to me yesterday; it was my last day at work. It ended on a rather sombre note. My boss refused to bid goodbye. He stood there with a sullen/wooden face. It was awkward to say the least. But then I shook his hand and wished him well. I obsessed a little about what happened. But now in hindsight I realise that my 11 months and 18 days in GD has taught me that even your best intentions can be judged as your worst, so be prepared to face the flak. As long as you know honestly that you did your best, that's all that matters. I know I have cribbed, whined and complained about work ad nauseam. I guess it's payback time for my bad mouthing. So peace be upon this. I rest my case.

No comments: