Monday, June 29, 2009

surprise surprise!

I opened the door and was greeted by my adorable aunts, who were waiting for me patiently all the while. There was Minto who rushed into my arms whining, kissing and speaking to me all at the same time. I missed him terribly; he is my jaan and praan. Making myself comfortable at home, I unpack my suitcase of all the goodies inside. I enter my bedroom and find a pretty sight that filled me with delightful surprise. Delicate pink and white carnations and roses were beautifully decorated on the bedside and nicely wrapped gifts were laying on bed waiting to be opened. It was perfect, the moment of baby-eyed wonder. And then I thought to myself "what a wonderful world..."
P.S: Truly, the moral underpinning is life is what happens to you when you're busy making other plans.

No comments: