Friday, May 8, 2009

body worship

I tend to generally obsess a little too much about my weight. I like cribbing about how fat i am, how i can't get into my old clothes and how i can't control my appetite for junk food. But i do little to remedy the situation. Non-action on my part has made my weight balloon from 48 kgs. to 56 kgs. over the past few months. The layers of fat have piled up on my tummy and buttocks, making me hip-heavy and unfit. So after a long motivational talk with myself, I finally decided to get a trainer and get back in shape.
It has been two weeks since i first started my exercise routine and I'm feeling great. I like pushing myself to the limit, to have every pore in my body open with sweat, to feel my muscles cringe and stretch and my lungs full of fresh air. The freehand and yoga exercises are painful and tiring. But nothing can be a more rewarding experience than being conscious of one's own body, that is awake and throbbing with life. I really hope i can keep at this, cause it feels so good and so right .

No comments: