Monday, September 8, 2008

random thoughts in a bus

the wodden bus slowly rambled along the crowded streets of Kolkata, giving me much needed time think about my 'double life'...i am caught in a strange life-situation, one which is difficult to comprehend in words...i feel i am two different persons yet all the same...at day i am trying to be a social worker and in the evening i morphe into a social butterfly...my social universe is so different from the reality i struggle to grapple with...my privileged upbringing has alienated me from the difficult ways of life that exist on the streets...it's almost like an entire sea of humanity is hidden from our genteel eyes...our life experiences are so limited and finite...you move in a circle of friends and family that you sometimes cannot relate to...class barriers and its attendant sentimentality prevent us from exploring life in its broadest canvas...in the pursuit of the 'good life', a completeness of being is lost, diverse walks of life remain untrodden...hopefully my calling will prove different...

1 comment:

Toy Chat said...

but that's actually a complete life. coz you get to taste it all.